Visitor attractions and leisure facilities may offer discounts to carers. Get in touch with them before you go and find out what help they can offer you.
Some places may ask for proof that you are a carer, so check in advance. If you need to take a letter of proof, make a copy of it instead of taking the original.
Below are some attractions that offer free or discounted carer tickets. Please leave a comment below or email email@example.com if you know of any other attractions that offer free or discount carer tickets.
- Cinema CEA card costs £6 per year and gets a carer a free ticket to the cinema when they accompany the person they care for.
- The Manchester Arena runs an access scheme that gets a carer a free ticket.
- Blackpool Zoo offers reduced price tickets for carers, Twycross Zoo and Chester Zoo offers free tickets for carers.
- Historic Houses Association Friends with disabilities get free entry for a carer or companion.
- National Trust has an ‘Access for all Admin One Card’ that allows free entry for carers.
- Merlin Annual Passholders gets carers free entry (Alton Towers, Blackpool Tower, Legoland, The Dungeons, Thorpe Park, Sea Life, Chessington World of Adventure, Madame Tussauds, London Eye, Shrek’s Adventure, Warwick Castle).
- Some football clubs offer free admission for carers – check with your local club.
- A disabled persons railcard allows a carer to get 1/3 off train tickets.